If you are having a hard time fastening your jeans even though you eat right and exercise, belly bloat might be the culprit. Belly bloat can sneak up on you in surprising ways, from the foods you eat, certain everyday habits, and even some of the medications you take.
To jump-start your metabolism and improve the digestion and elimination of your food, try starting your day with a cup of ginger tea.
According to various studies, ginger naturally blocks several genes and enzymes in the body that contribute to bloat-causing inflammation and helps protect the stomach lining.
The medicinal properties of ginger have been known for centuries, and ginger has traditionally be used to help pregnant women ease the pain and discomfort from morning sickness.
Ginger Tea Recipe
- Get a fresh ginger root that looks plump and healthy without too many wrinkles. Wrinkled ginger is usually old and won’t be as potent.
- Cut off a half inch piece of ginger for mild tea or a full inch for a stronger cup.
- Scrub the ginger skin under hot water or peel it if you like.
- Boil the grated or sliced ginger in enough water for a cup of tea.
- Strain and pour into a mug with your favorite tea bag
- Steep according to the tea requirement.
Additional remedies to help rid yourself of belly bloat fast!
1. Eat a banana – Bananas are full of potassium, a nutrient that helps regulate fluid balance to avoid belly bloat and can help reduce bloating overnight.